Tuesday 25 October 2011

Carrot & cardamom cupcakes

I often sit and reminisce about my childhood with my big sister, and during one particular conversation I was reminded about the Indian sweets we used to have as children.  It was always a rare, but delightful surprise, when my father would come home with a box of the most sweet and exotic smelling treats I have ever come across in my life.

With one sniff of a cardamom pod I am immediately taken back to my childhood, so I felt it absolutely necessary to create a carrot & cardamom cupcake.

This fragrant cupcake was also scented with a hint of ginger, with toasted pecans for a slight crunch and topped with an orange buttercream frosting.

I have to say, these may be my favourites so far...

290104_10150375997201211_713686210_10025532_783751351_o

1 comment:

  1. Lis, you are totally amazing lady! And though I still need to make these, my mouth is watering just by looking at them!

    ReplyDelete