Monday 24 October 2011

Welcome to the world baby Isla!!

P1000168
We wanted to celebrate the birth of our daughter, four month old Isla, in style.  Now I know I'm biased, but Isla is one of the funniest babies I think I've ever known.  She's the grumpiest so-and so, with a permanent stern look on her face.  But when you're lucky enough to get a smile or a giggle out of her, her face could light up a room and make even the coldest heart melt.


Before she was born I was so anti-pink, I would refuse to buy anything pink for her.  You can see how long that lasted... Now she's here I can't get enough of the colour and my pink washing load is now larger than my whites!!!


So I wanted to make her some cupcakes for this day, and also a cutting cake for a bit of ceremony.  The cupcakes are large vanilla sponges with a vanilla buttercream (in pink and white) in a variety of cutesy pink cupcake liners, with standard cupcake swirls and rose flower swirls.  The cutting cake is a 4.5 inch dotty three-layer vanilla cake, with raspberry jam and vanilla buttercream.


I also made some pink sparkle cake pops with a chocolate filling and to the right you can see my stepdaughters cupcake tower also (my seven year old apprentice).  This was so much fun to make, made a beautiful centrepiece and was an absolute hit at the party.  


P1000174


P1000170


P1000169


Should you wish for a similar cake for your party, please contact me by leaving a comment at the bottom of this page and I will get back to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment